It achieves stable quality through a micro processing technology with high precision, and can be used for the applications which require high reliability due to a glass product. Additionally, it offers a wide variety of solutions on the basis of liquid crystal material technology, ultra-high-precision processing technology, and integrated technology.
- Optical pickup for CD/DVD/Blu-ray
- Optical imaging device
- Optical communication device
The world’s first distinctive optical element which integrates the three technologies such as glass substrate technology, organic thin film technology, and optical design technology. With the distinctive technology which piles up the organic thin film functional material on the glass substrate in layers, accumulate various functions in which conventionally individual parts have assumed into one element compactly. Additionally, supports CD/DVD/Blu-Ray with one element, while combining the technologies which synthesize laser light with a different wavelength, and bends only the selected light.
- The element controls light as intended by using holograms or gratings Holograms or gratings are precisely fabricated on the glass surface or inner space between glass substrates.
- Customized size-designing is possible.
- High efficient polarization filter is achieved.
- Customized optical beam control (dot-beams, uniform illumination, etc.) is possible.
Product group of planar optical devices
As for the main products group, we have products such as micro lens array, flat top diffusion plate, diffractive optical element (DOE), transmission grating, and wave plate element.
Micro Lens Array (MLA)
- Micro lens array with a lens pitch of more than ten μm
- Shape and position precision with a high submicron level
- Support customized design with function addition according to applications.
- Dual face lens
- Lens space light shielding
- Square lens
Surface of micro lens
Flat top diffusion plate
- Achieve flat top distribution, and reduce the peak-to-peak value (Design example in the below Diagram (1))
- Little light leakage outside the area, and high efficiency (Design example in the below Diagram (2))
- Selectable diffusion pattern
- Circular diffusion / rectangle diffusion
- Individual specification is available in X direction and Y direction
- Controllable diffusion angle
- FWHM 3 to 20 deg
Diffractive optical elements(DOE)
- Customized design of optical control according to applications
- High efficiency and high angle of view (high angle of diffraction)
- Uniform distribution of quantity of light
Example of irradiation pattern
Transmission type diffraction grating
- Ultra-fine pitch grating with a submicron level
- High efficiency close to theoretical values
- Design of low PDL (low polarization dependency loss) is also available
- Support of multi-step processing (two steps, four steps, and eight steps, etc.) is also available
Wave plate element
- Glass/Organic thin film/Glass structure
- Low degree wave plate
- → Small phase fluctuation (incident angle/wavelength fluctuation)
- → Available in diverging rays
- Low wave surface aberration/High reliability
- → Blue light stability (high transmittance)
- Broadband wavelength and wavelength selectivity
- Patterning is available (divided wave plate)
- Integration with other functions is available